David Friend – Managing Director
David Friend is Managing Director and sole owner of Shared Services Solutions (SSS), which manages membership and merchandise programs.
David has worked in the membership and merchandise industry for 15 years and has a first class reputation for high level membership strategy and the achievement of record results. He has been instrumental in large membership growth for many sporting, corporate and not for profit organisations.
David and his team have also developed a subscription model that suits charities and not for profits. This is giving these organisations an opportunity to raise funds as many other options have dried up.
SSS have developed a benefits program.
SSS have developed Membership and subscription programs for the following Organisations:
- A League – Western Sydney Wanderers, Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Heart
- NRL – Cronulla Sharks, Penrith Panthers, New Zealand Warriors, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Canterbury Bulldogs
- Cricket Australia – SSS developed the membership program for the Big Bash League for its first two years with great success
- City Tattersalls Club – David is currently contracted to provide structure to revitalise and further develop a profitable membership program
- Yarra Bend Golf
- NBL – Sydney Kings
- Prodrive Racing Australia (Now Tickford Racing)
- Glenorchy District Football Club
- David was contracted by the VFL for the last two seasons developing membership programs for all the VFL standalone clubs and Sandringham Football Club
- .au Domain Administration Ltd (auDA)
- Fairfax Events
- Institute of Public Affairs
- Liberal Party Victoria
- The Dalai Lama Tour of Australia – Merchandise program
- Many others
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Australia
- Love Me Love You
SSS also offer a substantial Benefits program
- Retail deals
- Movie deals
- Much more all tailored to your needs
Prior to establishing Shared Services Solutions, David was General Manager of Membership and Merchandise at the Hawthorn Football Club for 5 years. The Hawks experienced huge membership and merchandise growth during this time using David’s strategies.
David was also General Manager Membership and Merchandise at St Kilda FC and achieved record membership and merchandise results during his tenure with the Club.
David and SSS expanded internationally working with clients in Monaco (Peace and Sport) and the UK (Major Events International).
Board Position President & Membership & Merchandise
David is Club President of the Frankston Football Club (VFL) and also has the board portfolios developing both membership and merchandise